The name “NAMUNA” in the context of fashion in Nepal conjures up a remarkable history that goes FOUR DECADES (and counting) back !!!
It was all set in motion by Gyani Shova Tuladhar, a name synonymous with fashion in Nepal and considered one of the country’s most prominent and celebrated fashion designer, in both the domestic and international circles.
It was the early 1970s and Tuladhar having returned to Kathmandu after completing her designing course abroad established “Namuna Silai”, one of Nepal’s most oldest and famed designing/tailoring firm that has over the years catered to the general public, movie stars, socialites, high ranking diplomats/government officials and members of the former royal family.
The year 1997 saw the commencement of Namuna Institute of Technology (NIT), one of the country’s first professional training school to offer career and employment oriented short courses in various aspects of fashion designing and clothing construction.
The year 2002 would be another milestone for “NAMUNA” and would be forever etched in the history of Nepal’s education system and the fashion industry as it witnessed the commencement of Namuna College of Fashion Technology (NCFT), the country’s first Graduate Fashion College.
GREAT REASONS FOR CHOOSING NCFT
• First Graduate Fashion College of Nepal and introducers of Bachelor level education in Fashion Designing in the country.
• Associated with the “Namuna” brand that has an illustrious history of more than four decades in fashion in Nepal.
• More than a decade long exceptional track record of molding our students into high value career professionals and entrepreneurs in fashion.
• Dynamic degree based on a nationally and internationally acclaimed curriculum.
• Eligible to undertake Masters degree in fashion and also MBA after graduation.
• Articulations with Raffles Design Institute (RDI) of Singapore and Raffles College of Design and Commerce (RCDC) of Sydney, Australia and Griffith College, Ireland.
• Internship tie-up with Nepal Pashmina Industry Association (NPIA).
• Outstanding team of faculty members having both national and international exposure.
• Modern teaching methodology aided by audio/visual, multimedia tools, demonstrations and practicals.
• Credit exemptions and fee waivers to foreign design colleges with whom we are articulated.
• Spacious, well furnished and well equipped classrooms that facilitate effective and comfortable learning.
• Well equipped practical labs with all necessary equipments, materials and resources.
• Well stocked library with relevant text books, reference books, fashion magazines, journals and other related materials.
• Overall personal development of students through various beyond-the-classroom activities including interactions with eminent national/international personalities in Personality Enrichment and Interaction Program (PEIP).
• Regular talk programs, workshops and industrial visits to various factories, garments and fashion houses)
• Extracurricular activities (Participation in high profile fashion and other related events)
• Computer lab under 1:1 ratio with Internet access and CAD software.
• Placement/internship assistance and scholarships available.
Admission soon to begin...